Welcome back to the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Rewatch. This week we’re covering episodes 3 and 4 of season 1, respectively “The Witch” and “Teacher’s Pet”, wherein parenting is hard, and teenage boys are dumb. As always, these articles will contain spoilers for the entire series runs of Buffy and Angel, so if you haven’t seen them, proceed with caution. All other articles in this series can be found here. That being said, let’s dig in with Sarah, who is summarizing this week.Read more
– Rewatch/commentary will be conducted by myself (Ian/Iczorro) and one of my fellow podcasters, Sarah/Superwhovianfreak. We’re going to revisit the episodes, and then tell you what we think of them with the benefit of fuzzy nostalgia and vague memories of future plotlines.
– We’re going to try and get out an article a week with two episodes per article. Once Angel starts up in the episode order, it will likely be the episodes that aired chronologically in-universe. Scheduling will be dependent on how good we are at writing quickly, but for now that’s the plan.
– This and all other posts will contain spoilers for the entire Buffyverse, possibly even including the post-TV graphic novels, or even other properties in the Whedonverse in general. In other words, in the unlikely case that you are watching these properties for the first time, I would suggest waiting on reading these until you’ve gone through them all at least once (well, the two main series at issue, in any case). They’ve been off the air for years, you shouldn’t need a spoiler warning, but we’re just nice like that.
– Because of that, a general foreknowledge of what’s going to happen is assumed. We’ll try to explain things that may not be obvious to the casual watcher, but for the most part we’re going to assume that you guys pretty much know what the deal is.
– There’s likely going to be some fandom type abbreviations as we go along, especially considering the way the Whedonverse impacted American English, but if at any time something we say isn’t clear, feel free to ask us what the hell we’re talking about in the comments. We’re kinda doing this for ourselves, but we also want it to be fun and accessible for others.
Today’s post will cover the first two episodes of season one of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, “Welcome to the Hellmouth”, and “The Harvest”, in which we meet/catch up with a harmless blond high schooler from Los Angeles, and Neidermeyer from Animal House is in desperate need of a skincare regimen.Read more
Come walk down with me on memory lane and let’s check out some of her most memorable quotes.Read more
I am dropping in to reveal the winner of last weeks poll. This poll pitted our favorite Buffy side characters against one another. Fans of the poll were vocal about their favorites, and also loud in how they shunned their not so favorites. Overall it was a fun competition that hopefully will continue on into the future.Read more
Podcast Episode 5 recap – Nerd News, Nerd Fight: Best CW Show and Best Supporting Buffy Character, 20 Years of BuffyRead more
Yes, I know, with the 20th Anniversary everywhere you look I have succumbed to all things Buffy. So much so I have given in to the seduction of online personality quizzes just so I can be giddy when it makes me feel like yes, I could belong on Buffy. So check out the quiz, it’s the first one I have ever made, and tell me what you think! Good luck all you Scoobies out there and may you get the character you desire!Read more
We are back with another poll for this week. Last week saw the fight for the best CW show. Supernatural was the victor by a landslide, leaving everyone in the impala’s dust. You can see the results of last week’s poll posted by me, as Supernatural was my pick in the race. On each week’s podcast the Malice Corp crew will each choose who they want to put in the ring. Winner from the previous weeks poll gets to pick first in the new weeks poll. This week we are delving into the world of BuffyRead more