Welcome back to the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Rewatch. This week we’re covering episodes 3 and 4 of season 1, respectively “The Witch” and “Teacher’s Pet”, wherein parenting is hard, and teenage boys are dumb. As always, these articles will contain spoilers for the entire series runs of Buffy and Angel, so if you haven’t seen them, proceed with caution. All other articles in this series can be found here. That being said, let’s dig in with Sarah, who is summarizing this week.Read more
– Rewatch/commentary will be conducted by myself (Ian/Iczorro) and one of my fellow podcasters, Sarah/Superwhovianfreak. We’re going to revisit the episodes, and then tell you what we think of them with the benefit of fuzzy nostalgia and vague memories of future plotlines.
– We’re going to try and get out an article a week with two episodes per article. Once Angel starts up in the episode order, it will likely be the episodes that aired chronologically in-universe. Scheduling will be dependent on how good we are at writing quickly, but for now that’s the plan.
– This and all other posts will contain spoilers for the entire Buffyverse, possibly even including the post-TV graphic novels, or even other properties in the Whedonverse in general. In other words, in the unlikely case that you are watching these properties for the first time, I would suggest waiting on reading these until you’ve gone through them all at least once (well, the two main series at issue, in any case). They’ve been off the air for years, you shouldn’t need a spoiler warning, but we’re just nice like that.
– Because of that, a general foreknowledge of what’s going to happen is assumed. We’ll try to explain things that may not be obvious to the casual watcher, but for the most part we’re going to assume that you guys pretty much know what the deal is.
– There’s likely going to be some fandom type abbreviations as we go along, especially considering the way the Whedonverse impacted American English, but if at any time something we say isn’t clear, feel free to ask us what the hell we’re talking about in the comments. We’re kinda doing this for ourselves, but we also want it to be fun and accessible for others.
Today’s post will cover the first two episodes of season one of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, “Welcome to the Hellmouth”, and “The Harvest”, in which we meet/catch up with a harmless blond high schooler from Los Angeles, and Neidermeyer from Animal House is in desperate need of a skincare regimen.Read more
Dr. Horrible 10 Year Anniversary Full Panel
Panelist’s Joss Whedon, Felicia Day, and Nathan Fillion sit down to talk memories of the little web series that became a huge phenomenon. As well as answering questions from the Hall H audience.
So last week Malice cast brought you how we ranked Joss Whedon’s television shows. But seeing how he has a couple movies coming out on the horizon, we thought we would take a stab at ranking his movie projects as well. So here is how the rankings shook out amongst the cast at malice corp.Read more
One of the biggest names floating around the Nerdverse right now has to be Joss Whedon. So this sparked a debate amongst the writers here at Malice Corp on what our personal favorite Joss Whedon projects have been. Debates were sparked and battles were raged, but in the aftermath we polled our writers and the rankings were filed. So let’s take a look and see if how we ranked matches up with our readers.Read more
Good Day to all the Geek Enthusiast and Nerd Aficionados! We just hit double digits for the second time onRead more
MaliceCast episode 11 this week will be our first podcast with Mest 5150 on vacation! That means BCON and BigPoppaMatt take over the reigns of the weekly podcast for the next few weeks. Join the Malice-Corp crew (BCON, BigPapaMatt, SuperWhovianFreak, Igor, NudieRudie, and Producer Jack Malice) for episode 11. It will be a lot of fun this week. Don’t forget to check out our previous podcasts if you missed a week!Read more
Post-credit scenes also called bonus scenes, can convey information, explains something that was missing in the film, create comedic irony, or tease an upcoming picture or sequel.Read more
MaliceCast episode 11 this week will be our first podcast with Mest 5150 on vacation! That means BCON and TheBigPoppaMatt take over the reigns of the weekly podcast for the next few weeks. Join the Malice Corp crew (Bcon, BigPapaMatt, SuperWhovianFreak, Igor, NudieRudie, and Producer Jack Malice) for episode 11. It will be a lot of fun this week. Don’t forget to check out our previous podcasts if you missed a week!Read more
Podcast Episode 5 recap – Nerd News, Nerd Fight: Best CW Show and Best Supporting Buffy Character, 20 Years of BuffyRead more
The geek Holy Grail is coming to a theater near you! In a discussion with a Warner Bros Executive at Wondercon in Anaheim they let some interesting news slip. Apparently, multiple Hollywood studios will be coming together to make a true Marvel Vs. DC film trilogy.Read more