Good Day to all the Geek Enthusiasts and Nerd Aficionados!
Star Wars Celebration 2017 in Orlando is almost here. Starting Thurs 4/13/17 – Sun 4/16/17. If your going, then I’m jealous. If you not it’s ok there are still some ways that you can attend in a force spirit kind of way, we’ll talk about that later. For those that have the ability to go and haven’t bought tickets. WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU!! Go get tickets. Do it now. Keep in mind 4 Day and Saturday are already sold out, but seriously this is one of the best conventions you could ever attend. Here’s the site for tickets.
The Basics of the Celebration
The show floor goes from 10 AM to 7 PM every day, except Sunday when it ends earlier at 5:00 PM. There are a ton of things to do there whether it be panels, walking the floor, or even some late activities. Make sure if you are going to a panel you set your time appropriately to get in line to get into the panel. The rooms are emptied after each panel so you may have to get right back in line after you leave.
Case in point I wanted to do the Carrie Fisher Panel 2 years ago but was in line for the Celebration store and did nopt get done until after they capped the line. Which leads to my next point if you want to shop in the celebration store do it on a day that you aren’t planning to do panels, but be aware that some things can sell out. It is generally a very long wait. Not to just get in, but pay as well.
Look for another line to pay in, then the main line. For example 2 years ago there was a section in the celebration store that was doing custom Star Wars shirts. If you ordered one of the shirts you could pay for all of your stuff in that line and it was much shorter.
The floor is filled with all kinds of merch. From cosplay items, to custom light sabers, and collectibles galore.
If you aren’t going to Celebration there are some exclusives that you’ll still be able to get. Nerdblock has a exclusive box with 7 items from the show for 89.99 plus shipping and handling. What is in the box is not yet known. Also many of the Funko pops at the show will have shared exclusivity to purchase in stores. These will be on floor sporadically starting with a street date of 4/13/17.
- Box Lunch
- Wobbler: Boba Fett (Proto Suit)
- Hot Topic
* Of course Funko is doing what it always does and putting the ones people will want at the hardest stores to get them. I want the Qui Gon, Admiral Thrawn, and Garindan so bad. If you get your hands on one and want to kick them my way let me know*
Now on to the merch only at Celebration
The Celebration store will have a ton of items. Some of the items that do not sell out become available online for purchase.
- Shirts and Hoodies. There are over 40 designs so we aren’t going to post them all here. But there are a few favorites.
- Yavin Medal Lanyard ( Be a hero with your own Yavin 4 medal)
- Ponda Baba Oven Mitt ( Act out your own Mos Eisley Cantina scene with this oven mitt)
- Plush Items ( There’s even stuff for the kids with a Sarlacc Pit Plush and a Sandcrawler Plush)
- Character Themed Hackie Sacks ( 7 bean bags including Boba Fett, Yoda, BB-8, Kylo Ren, Chewbacca,Darth Vader, and First Order Trooper)
- Celebration Mug and Pint set, 4 glasses ( For all your beverage pleasures no matter what they might be)
There are many other items. A blanket, hats, patches and pins. Along with Her Universe exclusives. You can look at them all on the celebration store site.
What you can do from home
As I said before there is an opportunity to be at the show without being at the show. All the major panels that are not showing any secret exclusive content are cast live online. You should be able to watch those on the Star Wars website or on their YouTube channel.
If your going to the show. Let us know how it is in the comments below. If you liked what you saw in this article, make sure to check out our other articles. Share us with your friends. Thank you for following and subscribing to us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
MEST5150 – Contributer