- Nerd Fight: The Best Doctor Companion of All Time
Hello all you Geek Enthusiasts and Nerd Aficionados!
We are back with another poll for this week. Last week saw the fight for the best Tarantino Flick of all time. You can see the results of last weeks poll posted by our amazing Mest5150. On each week’s podcast the Malice Corp crew will choose who they want to put in the ring. This weeks order was determined by whose pick got the most votes in last weeks poll. This week we are delving into the wonderful and vast world of Doctor Who and pitting companion against companion. So let the battle commence, and here is you contestants for the week ahead.
- Played by the beautiful Billie Piper, She is the companion that kicks off the revival. Companion to both Doctors 9 and 10, she traveled with the Doctor until She became stranded in a parallel universe. She makes a return and helps 10 end the Dalek threat to the universe. She is rewarded by getting to live out her life with the human incarnation of the 10th Doctor.
- Played by Carol Ann Ford, Susan is representing Classic Who on this weeks Whovian poll. Susan was the assumed name of a Time Lady who was the original companion. She was granddaughter of the doctor. She traveled with the first and fifth incarnations of the doctor. The Tenth Doctor once said that he had left Susan on a future Earth with a freedom fighter with whom she had fallen in love
- Played by Karen Gillan, Amy was also referred to as The Girl who Waited. Amelia Pond was the first companion of the Doctor in his Eleventh incarnation. Amy was the girlfriend and later wife of Rory Williams, who also traveled with the Doctor. She was also the mother of Melody Pond, who later became known as River Song. She was lost to the Doctor when she allowed a weeping angel to send her back in time to be reunited with her husband Rory.
- Portrayed by Catherine Tate, she is a companion of the Tenth Doctor. Despite her humble beginnings, she was described by both Rose and the Tenth Doctor as being the most important woman in all of creation. This credit was because she saved the whole of reality from the Daleks and Davros. To survive the side effects of her transformation into the “Doctor-Donna”, the doctor was forced to wipe her memories. She was sadly returned to her family with no memories of the adventures she and the doctor had shared, which is truly the most tragic fate of all the companions.
- Played by John Barrowman, he was a Time Agent and con man from the 51st Century who became an associate and companion of the Ninth and Tenth Doctors. He was killed by a Dalek and revived by Rose Tyler as the Bad Wolf and accidentally transformed into a man who cannot die. He eventually goes on to form Torchwood, an agency dedicated to eliminating alien threats on Earth.
- Played by Alex Kingston, she was born Melody Pond, and known as a Child of the Tardis. She was also the wife of the doctor, specifically his eleventh incarnation. She was a human with Time lord DNA. This occurred when conceived by her parents, Amy and Rory Williams, aboard the TARDIS as it traveled through the Time Vortex. She also had some Time Lord abilities like regeneration, and one of the few people to know the doctors true name. She died saving the Tenth Doctor and all the people trapped from the Library of the Vashta Nerada. The Tenth Doctor was able to save and upload her consciousness into the library’s mainframe to survive.
Time to vote
There you have it folks, those are this week’s combatants. So, get your whovian hats on and get ready to debate. Vote for your Companion of choice. Also, if you want to see why we chose who we did then make sure to listen to this week’s podcast. You can find it either at Podcasts.com or YouTube. Heck, while your there you can even subscribe and that way you’ll know when our next podcast is airing.
Finally, if you would like further insights into the characters, click on their name and it will take you to their respective wiki pages. Voting goes until April 14, 11:59:59 PM PST. So, don’t dilly dally. Get your vote in and help give someone on the podcast bragging rights for this week.